What Is Hajj?
Hajj is the holy pilgrimage to Mecca. It is one of five pillars of Islam. It is a mandatory duty for all the Muslims to perform hajj at least once in their life time. Hajj is only mandatory for all the Muslims who are physically and financially capable of undertaking their journey.
Hajj Meaning and Date
Hajj is one of five pillars of Islam. Every physically and financially abled Muslims is required to perform hajj once in their lifetime. It is seen as the chance to clean and wipe out their past sins and start a new fresh. Many Muslims seek to deepen their faith during hajj as women always cover their hair with hijaab after returning from the pilgrimage. Despite of the the physical challenges of the hajj many people walk on the long routes.
Here are the 7 steps of the Hajj day by day:
- Wear Ahram while entering Mecca. It is a sacred state to wear in Mecca during Hajj. It is basically two unstitched clothes the men wear.
- Enter Mina which is a sprawling tent.
- Spend a day in Arafat ground
- Collect the pebbles from muzdalifa
- Throw stones at the big pillar.
- Do as much tawaf as you can on hajj
What Is Hajj And Why Is It Important
Hajj is one of five pillars of Islam. It is considered very important because it helps an individual to get more close to Allah. During hajj, the pilgrim is devoted to praying and seeking repentance. Muslim can cleanse all his sins by performing Hajj. By performing hajj a Muslim make a promise to Allah to stay away from all the sins like Robbery, adultery, consuming alcohol, telling lie, backbiting and many other sins. It brings the feeling of humility and unity among Muslims when they talk about Allah and perform hajj together. A feeling of brotherhood and love for the fellow is developed during Hajj as they do the zikr of Allah and his messenger Prophet Mohammad
- It is performed during the month of Dulhij, last month of Islamic calendar.
- Eid-ul-ada marks the end of Hajj.
- It is performed in the holy and birthplace of prophet Mohammad that is Mecca
How Many Days is Hajj?
The process of hajj last for 40 -45 days. But Hajj is completed when a Muslim spend four days in Arafat,
When is Hajj 2018-19?
Hajj 2018 is on 21 August.