Hajj is the foundation on which Islam firmly stands. Muslims goes to Mecca every year in the month of Islamic Calendar that is Dhul Hijjah in order to perform hajj for at least once in their lifetime. Hajj is compulsory for every Muslim who has the financial and physical ability to do so.
Step By Step Guide To Hajj
Quran and Hadith instruct as to how one should complete their obligations properly. It is necessary that one should follow these instructions so that their prayers can be accepted by Allah. Allah instructs his dear Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) to announce to his followers that they should perform pilgrimage to the Holy city of Mecca and Kaba. Here are the Hajj Steps Day By Day;
- Preparing for Ihram – Wearing the Ihram is the first step of hajj. The pilgrim/worshipper makes niyat (intention) for Hajj and has to recite a prayer for intention called Talabiya. He needs to wear ihram before going to Miqat which is a special boundary surrounding the holy sites of Hajj. At Miqat one move towards Ka’bah, reciting Talabiya.
- Visiting Kaba – In Masjid-al-Haram in Mecca, pilgrims perform Tawaaf. It is an important part of the pilgrimage in which the pilgrims moves around the Ka’bah seven times
- Sae’y- After doing tawaf, muslims proceeds to do sae’y that is they travel between hills of safa and marwa seven times.
- Visiting Mina– Pilgrims visits Mina after the Fajr prayer on the 8th of Dhul Hijjah which is approximately eight kilometers away from Mecca. Here, they stay for a day up till Fajr prayer next day.
- Visiting Arafat- After the prayer of fajr in Mina, Muslims move towards Arafat ground where they spend their day until sunset, repenting and praying for their sins. After sunset, they goes towards Muzdalifa and offer the remaining two Namaz of the day, and stay overnight. They also collect stones and pebbles for the next day to throw at Jamarat.
- Three days Eid- 10th day of Dhul Hijjah marks the first day of Eid. Pilgrims leave for Mina after Fajr prayers on this day. In Mina, they throw stones and pebbles on Devil at Jamarat-al-Qubra, and after that, they make sacrifice animals.
Types of Hajj
- Hajj Tamattu – It is the type Hajj that is combined with Umrah with two niyat (intention) one is for Umrah and the other one is for Hajj. The Pilgrim is known as Mutammati
- Hajj Qiran – It is the type of hajj that is combined with Umrah without wearing Ihraam. Pilgrim is known as Qaarin.
- Ifrad– It is only hajj without umrah and the pilgrim is called mufrid.
How to Perform Hajj PDF
We are providing the PDF of How to perform Hajj. You can download it from below;